Marketers need the essential skills to identify, integrate and monitor digital tactics to enhance marketing activities.
Aims of the module
This module is about appreciating the importance of the ever-evolving digital landscape and understanding how to develop skills to improve digital marketing effectiveness. It provides awareness of the nature of the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment and outlines the skills and tools required to support and enhance marketing activities. It identifies the importance of effective monitoring and measurement techniques that enable organisations to improve digital marketing performance.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: The Digital Landscape
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment
Unit 2: Digital Toolkit
- Understand how key digital tools can support and enhance marketing
- Understand the relevance of digital platforms and channels in context
Unit 3: Digital in Action
- Develop digital activities to support and enhance multichannel marketing
- Apply the key principles involved in monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectiveness